Enabler Training Mode
Created: 03 September 2009. Last Reviewed: 15 February 2011
Start Training Mode
- From the main POS screen, press CTRL-T to start training mode. You will be prompted to enter a userid that has permission to invoke training mode.
- You will see a confirmation screen advising that transactions made in training mode will not affect normal trading figures. Press ENTER to continue.
- Nibbler will restart and the POS background will change to the red “Training Mode” screen. Once nibbler has gone back to yellow, you can commence using Enabler in training mode.
- The ONLY userid that works in training mode is 0.
Exit Training Mode
- From the main POS screen, press CTRL-T to exit training mode.
- You will see a confirmation screen advising that transactions you enter will update real trading figures. Press ENTER to continue.
- Nibbler will restart and the POS background will return to your normal screen. Once nibbler has gone back to yellow, you can commence using Enabler again.
- Training mode contains a separate copy of master file and transaction databases. If you want to have a training environment with similar master files to production, then you need to ensure that training databases are updated during EOD.
- You can find this setting in Till Setup or Local Store Setup, then Database Setup, and the option that should be ticked is “Update training database with live data during end of day”.
- Transactions made in training mode do not get exported to EEE, even if you have a EEE Test database.
Using EEE in Training mode
- Enabler can be configured to use a training database of EEE when in training mode.
This is configured from Till Setup or Local Store Setup, then Transaction Processing / Comms->Communication, and then the HO Server tab. The fields to be completed are EEE Training URL and EEE Training Company Name.
- While this configuration allows you to connect to a EEE Test database automatically when performing transfers and goods receipts when configured for EEE Inventory, the userid passed will be 0, so you will need to specify a valid userid before logging into the EEE Test database. As such, in training mode, you will always be taken to the EEE login screen rather than directly to a goods receiving or transfer screen.
- Functions that utilise EEE Query server to retrieve information such as SOH when using EEE Inventory, and Customers, when configured to retrieve customers from EEE, will still retrieve data from your live EEE database. This is because, at this stage, there is no provision for specifying a training query server configuration.